To be documented.
If you Publish on FTP through an enterprise proxy, maybe you’ll have to declare it for passthrough. This option allows to activate/deactivate those declared in order to adapt the place you are.
Ensure your Git setup is complete. If it is not, that doesn’t prevent to publish, but your change couldn’t be committed.
To accelerate the creation process, it is recommended (but not mandatory) to customize the Configuration Template with your organization’s common settings.
This customization can be done further and changed at any moment without disturbing existing Configurations.
1. Run XTag Configurator.
2. Click on Open, then on Browse...
3. Navigate to the template folder and open xtmTemplate.xlsm
4. In Configuration ribbon, adjust a common Host Name Pattern that could match most of Production hostnames in your organization.
6. In Analysis ribbon, select the common
features usually activated in your organization.
You can also define common Filters, to define at least the Downloads extensions.
7. In Container ribbon, you can define usual Specific code. You can also define Sandbox containers for GTM or Tag Commander.
8. In Downloads, Navigations, Exits and Actions tab, setup your default naming logic, for example:
9. Once your Template
it: all those settings will be used as default by each New Configuration, and then possibly
refined when necessary.
And If you copy it in your Shared folder, it will also be used as template by your co-workers.
10. Close XTag Configurator.
Copyright © 2020, Denis Rousseau - XTagManager